From beginners to pro, SEO tools are always a convenient and effective solution to get a higher rank on google. In this article, I will discuss the details about some most trending and popular sites. I’ll show the tools, features, pros, and cons of them so you can decide which one you will use.
Before diving into the description, here’s a short guideline on how to use the SEO tool effectively and usefully.
Effective and Useful Use of SEO Tools
First, don’t depend on tools entirely. Because tools are just your helping hand that helps you to do SEO. But they should not be your regulator. We allot search engine optimization into 3 bases-
On-page SEO (refers to optimizing your website’s title, meta description, image name & Alt Tag, page URL, content, internal linking & so on. Mainly it helps in optimizing the content and the HTML source code for better ranking.)
Off-Page SEO (refers to all the activities out of your website like link building, backlinks that helps your website to rank)
Technical SEO (refers to all the technical aspects like making site crawlable, improving website load speed which is effective for higher ranking)
There are plenty of tools that can assist you to cover up all SEO aspects. Specifically, one tool won’t be your “all in one” solution. You need to choose tools according to their effectiveness in specific types of SEO aspects. A popular question is, “Should I use the paid tools or not?”
Well, it depends on your preference. There are plenty of free tools. They can really provide you exemplary quality service. But paid tools relinquish more accurate outcomes that you can rely on.
But the most confusing question is “which tool should I use?” Actually, It’s significant to choose an effective tool.
In this article, I’ll share information about some popular tools that are trending now among the SEO experts. I hope it can guide you to choose a useful one.
Most Effective and useful SEO tools that are currently in trend
I’ve picked the most effective and trendy tools, both free and paid. Here’s the list of them with their pros and cons:
This tool is the most trending one so far. Millions of WordPress powered websites are using this one.
- Keyword and Page optimization: Analyze text, find a variation of keyword and keyphrase. It ensures the fast indexing of the site.
- Mark No-follow links: It marks the nofollow and sponsored link. As a result, your site gets rid of penalizing.
- Duplicate content issue: Creates Canonical link to avoid confusing Google.
- Technical Stuff: Rolls out a red carpet for search engine robots so it can crawl and show the web easily
- Redirect manager: Offers you to manage 404 pages to redirect the user. Even you can set ‘Regex’ redirect
- Support and multiple keywords: You won’t get the support option in the free version. And it only optimizes for only one keyword.
- Free version is disappointing sometimes: They also don’t show the Flesch Reading Ease score in the free version. Canonical URL is also the premium version feature.
This one has become popular for its accuracy and user-friendly optimization. Its exclusive features for both beginner and expert has made it popular.
- Lead Generation tool: This tool helps in generating valuable leads directly from your website. You can embed white label site audit widget on your site which works really conveniently to gain those potential leads.
- Keyword Rank Tracking: This tool shows the most accurate result of your keyword position for every location & also shows valuable insights about your competitors’ keyword ranking tactics.
- SEO Reporting Tool: With this software, you will get the benefit of SEO reporting features with the most extensive & powerful data insights. You can run unlimited site audits at free of cost & can generate branded SEO reports free for 14 days. After 14 days you can generate the free non-branded reports with limited features. You can customize & configure the report just the way you want it to be & can transform the report into a white label.
- Open Source: This service is for those entrepreneurs or marketing agencies who want to have an SEO audit tool. SEO Audit software provides an open-source code of this software at a very lower rate.
- Absence of features: Like the other software, you can’t perform Keyword research & backlink analysis with this software. Although these features are coming soon, so stay tuned for that.
Ahrefs is the ‘all in one’ SEO solution. That means, it provides comprehensive service on all types of SEO aspects.
- Site Audit: It lets you check the inappropriate html, CSS or social tags, content quality, hreflang, incoming and outgoing links to get an exact idea about your website performance.
- Site Exploring: It’s competitive research tool helps you to get an idea about the proper keyword,backlink and paid search advertising that your competitors are using to rank.
- Content Exploring: It finds out the top performing article on your niche by analyzing the organic traffic, referring domains, domain rating, traffic value,social share.
- Rank Tracking: Shows your SEO progress with organic traffic percentage, average position and traffic and position distribution.
- Only one keyword: It just filters out one keyword. So you cannot find out multiple keywords and keyphrases.
- Low-quality content analysis: It’s content analysis quality is not satisfying because the traffic analyzing and reports are not accurate always.
4. Moz Pro
The site tracking procedure with an exclusive keyword researching system has made it popular among the in house SEO agencies.
- Keyword search: It will suggest the target keyword with reasonable keyword volume and difficult matrix. It will save the list of the keywords. So, you don’t have to worry about losing them.
- Ranking tracking: Provides national and worldwide searcher’s tracking with search visibility score.
- Crawling site: Their crawler digs out the harmful issues. Then it sends an alert to fix it.
- Link building: It finds new links and maximizes the effects of existing links. It will show you metrics such as Page Authority, Domain Authority.
- Manual process: It’s cost-friendly, but its manual system may repel you. The error of fixing is not automatic. Fix issues on your own.
- Inaccurate data: Some users complain about the data they provide. The data is often inaccurate.
I pick this one for beginners because this is free, and the service is better than any other free tool.
- Domain overview: It shows a brief report of competitor’s strategies. It helps you to adapt, improve and gain an edge.
- Keyword Suggestion: Their free keyword suggestion tool suggests hundreds of top keywords. It enables you to generate keyword lists based on effective results and searcher’s intent.
- Content ideas: Finds out Top performing keyword. So the possibility of getting backlink and social sharing rises.
- Backlink tracking: It allows you to track the specific content in your space that other sites are linking to. It’ll make the backlink building easier for you.
- No mobile version: They don’t have any mobile app, use pc to get access.
- Limited Keyword Research: It only provides keyword research for 70 countries, so it might not include your country in them.
This ‘competitor spy’ SEO tool is very much user friendly and gained popularity for its accuracy.
- Technical SEO Audit: It has specific features for E-commerce, enterprise and agencies. It enables us to boost online stores, fit marketing needs and optimize lead generation.
- Position Tracking: It will track your position compared to the competitive agencies or businesses.
- Backlink Audit and Analytics: Their backlink audit increases the web traffic and drives more sales.
- Competitive intelligence: It’s advanced intelligence tracks the competitor’s data and strategies.
- Expensive: It might seem more expensive than other SEO tools.
- Confusing Traffic Insight: Some users have complained that traffic insight is not accurate.
This tool is in trend because of its effective backlink analysis and comprehensive good website analyzing service.
- Best Backlink checker: They provide the largest backlink data with a fresh Index, site explorer and bulk backlink checker.
- Keywords generator: It enables drilling down into context and ruling keywords with their AI-based NLP algorithms.
- Industry leading API: It allows us to create bespoke apps. You can control your API security and optimize multiple API keys.
- Slow loading: Chrome plugin users have complained that it runs slow sometimes. This may disgust you a bit.
- Navigation: The navigation is not satisfying that much because of incomplete and inappropriate data.
Using the most effective and useful SEO tools that are currently in rank is a significant step to get higher traffic. This list might help you. But remember one thing, only one SEO tool cannot give you a complete and comprehensive SEO solution.
Paid tools will provide you with more accuracy and reliable data.But free tools are effective yet. Focus on the fact to ensure the accurate on-page, off-page, and technical search engine optimization. Using tools will make your SEO easier and also effective. Some SEO aspects are impossible without tools. So, grab the tool you need and use it to rank higher.
Maqsood Rahman works for SEO Audit Agency, an SEO Industry Leader in Bangladesh, is founded by Mr. Maqsood, who has a total of 15 years experience in the SEO Industry (12 years in NYC and 3 years in BD). He is highly dedicated to help companies develop their Digital Marketing strategies.