Car sharing is a service that allows people to use a car for personal needs on a short-term basis. The user pays for the actual time of using the car. The car sharing company provides customers with a diverse selection of cars for specific needs, as it owns its own fleet of vehicles. For car sharing companies’ owners, this is a profitable business, considering the high popularity of the service, which is associated with convenience and an economically viable alternative to traditional rentals. However, in order to effectively manage the company and maximize customer loyalty, specialized software is required.
Why you need a mobile application for car sharing
With the transition of businesses to online and the maximization of the use of mobile applications, almost all companies order their development for more convenient communication with customers and business management. Car sharing companies are no exception. Corporate car sharing software provides users with information about the company’s fleet, prices, payment options, and allows for online booking of a suitable vehicle.
The main advantage of using a mobile application for car sharing is convenience – customers don’t need to visit an office, spend time on the road, and sign a rental agreement. Everything can be done through their smartphone. In addition, the use of a mobile application can also save customers money. Most companies offer discounts when booking through their app, and the built-in online payment module simplifies the ability to pay for the service – it is enough to link your bank card.
For car sharing company owners, having a special mobile application allows them to control all internal processes and plan their budget effectively. With the program, you can view a full report on the work of the company or a specific car in real time, monitor the condition of the fleet and respond to emergency situations in a timely manner. Car-sharing software also gives owners full control over their employees. By assigning them specific tasks, you can monitor their effectiveness and, thus, change the direction of further work.
Functions of apps for car sharing
Corporate car sharing software contains a certain set of functions designed to make the rental process simple and accessible. The user downloads the application, registers, and goes through the verification process by uploading photos of their documents and driver’s license, as well as a “selfie” with their documents. This guarantees that the documents belong to the customer. After that, the user can view available cars in their area, the characteristics of the vehicles, and the rental rates. The presence of a special filter allows the user to sort the cars by specific criteria or price. In addition, a special GPS beacon in each car allows available cars to be displayed on a map of the city. Using a special function in the application, customers can open and close the selected car without visiting an office to hand over the keys, as in the case of standard rentals.
Using the software, car sharing company owners can register all vehicles from their fleet in the system and enter customer data. This makes record-keeping and data retrieval easier, as access to this information can be obtained at any time. Using the payment module, all funds deposited by the customer are automatically transferred to the company’s account. BankID can be connected to the program for the security and protection of your information and your customers’ information. Car sharing applications help generate a detailed report on the entire company’s operation to track profitability and optimize processes to maximize profits. A push notification module can be implemented to send customers important information and keep them informed of all updates and promotions.
Benefits of a mobile app for car sharing
Compared to traditional car rental services, a car sharing application offers speed and convenience. With just a few taps on their smartphone, the customer can easily find available cars nearby, view detailed information about each of them, and make a reservation. At the end of the rental period, a certain amount is automatically deducted from the client’s card, depending on the duration of use of the vehicle.
Car sharing system helps owners to:
- Increase revenue: The mobile application allows you to fully control the entire process of renting out your car to several clients at once, charging each of them a certain amount according to the tariff. This means that you can track demand and offer competitive prices, earning more income from each car.
- Improve fleet management: By monitoring all vehicles in their fleet in real-time, car sharing company owners get more detailed information on how each car is used. This allows for more efficient scheduling of maintenance and optimal operation of each car online, reducing downtime due to unexpected repairs or breakdowns.
- Additional convenience: Corporate car sharing software also enhances the convenience of tracking payments, providing greater control over your fleet, reducing paperwork and administrative expenses associated with manually processing rental requests for vehicles.
- Increased customer loyalty: Customers don’t have to worry about routine processes such as finding parking or navigating to the rental office – they can quickly return home after completing their trip without any issues. This helps to increase customer loyalty, which can be used as an effective marketing tool for future business opportunities.
Application development for car sharing
With the development of technology, the car sharing system has undergone significant changes. Currently, there are three different types: one-way, round-trip, and peer-to-peer car sharing.
- One-way car sharing is a type of rental where users can pick up a car at one location and drop it off at another after the trip is finished. Pick-up and drop-off points may not be limited to the rental company’s parking lots but can be scattered throughout the city. One-way car sharing is usually more expensive than the traditional service due to the need for fleet rebalancing after rentals.
- Peer-to-peer (P2P) car sharing is a format where an individual car owner rents their car to another individual. The advantage of this service is that the price is cheaper because the car owner does not have an office, staff, and other overhead costs. The disadvantage of P2P car sharing is the possibility of fraud, both among car owners and customers. Although the platforms where they find each other screen out unscrupulous users, fraud still occurs.
- Fractional (or fractional ownership) car sharing offers users access to cars on a long-term basis with lower costs than traditional car ownership. With this type of service, clients pay a monthly fee and gain access to different types of cars depending on their needs.
Business owners who decide to invest in corporate car sharing software receive a multitude of benefits – from increasing potential revenue to improved fleet management capabilities that help reduce costs. By using the application, a higher level of customer loyalty can be provided. Overall, there are three different types of applications, each of which offers drivers certain car rental conditions – one-way, fractional, and peer-to-peer car sharing. Regardless of which option you choose, the service itself in combination with the right software allows business owners to make the right decisions for the development of their business.